In this section we provide some articles on three aspects of locks and locksmithing that we hope will be fascinating and useful. London Locksmiths commissioned these articles for this website in 2008 to commemorate the company's 10th anniversary.
- The History of Locks
- Wards and Masters, Barron's famous double-act, levers, pins and tumblers – the science of lock-making and thus also lock-breaking is about 4,000 years old. Take a trip through the history of this arcane and fascinating field of technology from the ancient Egyptians to the modern era.
- Introduction to Locksmithing
- This is a guide for property managers and others who need to work with a firm of Locksmiths.
- How to become a Locksmith
- You can become a locksmith via hands-on training by a locksmith or by taking exams accredited by the Master Locksmiths Association. All roads lead to a Master Locksmith qualification, which is recognised nationally and entitles you to work as a professional Locksmith.